Parking/Emergency Brake on 95 Windstar

The parking brake handle on my 95 Windstar goes all the way up. While the brake engages at the top end, I would prefer 3-5 "clicks" and not 15! The service manual says there is no adjustment possible. I suppose the cables have stretched over 10 years and need replacement but I was wondering if anyone had experience with this and any quick remedies.

Thanks.

Reply to
Jeff B

First thing is to be sure that the service brakes are properly adjusted... the park brake relies on service brake adjustment for proper operation.

Reply to
Jim Warman

Have you ruled out the adjusters in the drums being out?

Reply to
Full_Name

The problem was the adjusters!

Thanks!