Parts for my halfshaft. Can't seem to find at the FORD DEALER :(

I called the FORD dealer today as well as LORDCO and UAP NAPA looking for the following parts for my 96 ASPIRE (auto):
the front axle wheel hub retainer nut
driveshaft bearing retainer circlip 3z498
FORD says it obsolete and can't get it. Lordco and UAP don't carry them. What am I suppose to do? I took my halfshaft out and I need new circlips and a new nut. I live in Vancouver, CDN.

You should be able to order those parts online. In NJ we have Autozone, Advance Auto, Pep Boys, Strauss Auto, they can usually get those parts delivered in a day or so. Not sure if they exist in BC. I'm surprised those places you mentioned can't get them delivered. Were do the service stations get there parts from? I'll bet they can locate them if you took your car in for service, so they must be out there somewhere.
I have learned not to go to Ford for anything.

well.. that's your opinion. For some things Ford is the only reasonable place to go.
And if more did, then they would stock more, longer.
Simple econmic fact... much as you may hate it.
Which brings up another issue on the same, not every Ford dealer stocks everything.
Used to be 'master sealers' for parts. Could it be that you were simply shucked off?
you pay..DEAL with it!
I own a 1997 Ford Aspire. Ford does not supply parts for this 9 year old car. Unless they can find the part in inventory somewhere you are out of luck. Ford has simply written these cars off. Of course they didn't tell me they were going to treat me this way when they sold the car to me. This long time Ford buyer is purchasing Toyota now.

Somehow, I have a feeling that if you buy the equivalent... meaning low volume fringe market 'special edition' from Toyota... you gonna end up in the same situation.
But whatever excuse suits you.
you pay..DEAL with it!

Does Toyota refuse to sell parts for any of their cars?
"Refuse to sell..." and "have no supply.." are two different things.... I'm sure that Ford (or any other manufacturer) would be happy to have a ready supply of parts on hand for 15... 20... even 30 years. But only if consumers would bear the financial burden of this kind of overhead.... And I can see that happening. Additionally, most forget that a $2 part can get handled, stored and shipped enough to turn into something that has an aggregate "cost" far in excess of its perceived value. Ain't nobody here that does much for free... can we expect another entity to see things differently?
As another reply points out.... you have a "fringe" market vehicle.... The Aspire and similar have two purposes in their lifetimes... they fulfill a "niche" market and they play a role in achieving CAFE standards...
What may be an alien term.... "supply and demand".... If there is little demand for something, it wont be supplied. OTOH, if you owned one of the popular vehicles, you will find thet there are still parts "in the system"....
FWIW, if the parts you seek have even a modicum of desirability, the aftermarket would jump at the chance to supply them.... for many body and crash parts, the aftermarket will offer reproduction or NOS parts... if yours isn't popular, you will find out about "econobox"...
Even the Japs will only offer a finite supply of parts.... the money is in new cars...
Parts are available from other suppliers. But Ford doesn't go to them for parts so Ford can't repair my vehicle.

Nowhere else I could find where you could order pinch bolts for the lower ball joints and struts, except the Ford dealer.
k snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I'm thinkin your parts man is a little lazy. I would drive down to your nearest Lincoln/Merc dealer(not call) and try again. That car is just past the 10 year mark. They are likely to have your part somewhere...... Another option would be to go to your local parts place and find out where they get their rebuilt axles. Get the phone number and see if you can get your clip from them. They probably have a box of 1000 sitting there in the shop. Also it is very likely the nut and the clip will be the same on a newer car, have them look that up to see if the numbers jive. Or if anyone stocks it, look and see if it will work. What happened to the nut? Just so you know I've put boots on cars that the axle has been removed many times and used the same clip. Never seen one pop out yet. Are you sure the clip is bad or did you just not get the axle all the way in? I use the slip joint on the inner CV as a slide hammer of sorts to carefully seat it in. When its seated you need a large screw driver or pry bar to pop it out. Another option is to get a rebuilt axle, they are not THAT expensive. Oh also, I recall boot kits coming with new clips, you could do that and istall a new boot at the same time. :)Good luck.