picknose answer this

ever had a car with plugged cat? why are engine overheat codes presant when u have a plugged cat
BWHAHAHAHAHA

They don't.

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 22:47:51 -0500, "pick one" <try again!> wrote:

BWHAHAHAHAHAHA you have never delt with a cat problem come on now ADMITT IT

Name the code.

"pick one" <try again!> wrote in message

Never mind this is one overheat code: Nope no plugged exhaust as part of the concern.... P0116 - Engine Coolant Temperature Circuit Range/Performance Failure Indicates the engine coolant temperature rationality test has failed. The PCM logic that sets this DTC indicates that engine coolant temperature sensor (ECT or CHT) drifted higher than the nominal sensor calibration curve and could prevent one or more OBD monitors from executing. The PCM runs this logic after an engine off "calibrated soak period (typically 6 hours). This soak period allows the Intake Air Temperature (IAT) and engine coolant temperature (CHTor ECT) to stabilize and not differ by more than a calibrated value. DTC P0116 is set when all of the following conditions are met: a.. Engine coolant temperature at engine start exceeds IAT at engine start by more than a calibrated value, typically 30F (1C). b.. Engine coolant temperature exceeds a calibrated value, typically 225F (107C). c.. The Fuel, Heated Oxygen Sensor, Catalyst and Misfire monitors have not completed. d.. Calibrated timer to set DTC P0116 has expired. a.. Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) or Cylinder Head Temperature (CHT) sensor b.. Coolant System Concern Ensure IAT and engine coolant temperature are similar when engine is cold. Also ensure engine coolant temperature sensor (ECT or CHT) and actual engine operating temperature are the same.
On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 22:52:33 -0500, "pick one" <try again!> wrote:

come on are u that stupid cylinder head overheat
fuck ever use a scan tool po217

Ok....no problem....
P1288 - Cylinder Head Temperature (CHT) Sensor Circuit Out of Self-Test Range Indicates the CHT sensor is out of self-test range. The engine is not at a normal operating temperature. a.. Cold engine. b.. Engine overheating. c.. Damaged harness connector. d.. Damaged PCM. e.. Low engine coolant level. f.. Damaged CHT sensor. Bring the engine to operating temperature. If cold, repeat the self-test. If the engine over-heats, check the cooling system
Gee, no mention of exhaust or converter................but the cooling system is mentioned.

Another one, no mention of exhaust yet.... P0118 - Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) Circuit High Input Indicates the sensor signal is greater than Self-Test maximum. The ECT sensor maximum is 4.6 volts or -50C (-58F). Note on some vehicles that are not equipped with an ECT sensor, CHT can be used and can set this DTC. a.. Open circuit in harness b.. Sensor signal short to power c.. Damaged PCM d.. Improper harness connection e.. Damaged sensor ECT V PID reading greater than 4.6 volts with key ON and engine OFF or during any engine operating mode indicates a hard fault.
On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 22:57:42 -0500, "pick one" <try again!> wrote:

nope not alone no mention of exhaust but wait you also have O2 codes rich codes etc etc and together they spell CAT
LMFAO

Yea they spell cat........cat damaged.............that brings on a converter monitor code................if plugged engine loss of power.............nope no over heat.
So... where'd the other codes miraculously appear from???
I'd love to see things from your point of view but, unfortunately, I can't fit my head up my ass.
On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 03:06:05 GMT, "Jim Warman"

lmfao you also never seen a countour with glowing cats on the exaust manifold
hurc ast
On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 03:19:54 GMT, 3 dog snipped-for-privacy@swatch.com wrote:

ANIMAL CRUELTY !
Though I do suppose they taste lovely all crisp and toasty.
Would that be a red wine or a white? They do say, cats are "the other, other white meat
We don't have many customers that have to settle for Contours.... If you recall, it was the all knowing hurc that said we are a bunch of hicks that earn little in the way of discretionary income. Sadly, we can't afford Contours and Escorts and have to settle for Excursions, Expeditions and high end SuperDuties.
So... the cats are glowing.... that means the exhaust is hot.... it doesn't mean the engine is overheating.
So where did these other codes come from? Remember? You started out with an overtemp code and then got creative when you saw your pants were around your ankles?
wrote:

can't
Why are you constantly asking everyone else to answer those question you can't??? How do you tell this??? What codes are those?????
Someone has a problem and you check a manual of some sort or another... "do AVR".... do this... do that.... with no explanatin of methodology nor what the reaon behind the test is....
I can understand you asking questions..... you wont learn otherwise. But to belittle those you are asking for advice is unwise....
FWIW, if the cats are plugged, I expect the car wont run.... if the cats are restricted, I can probably see high operating temps but not always.... if I see codes, there will usually be more codes than just overheat codes.
Go here
http://www.telusplanet.net/public/mechanic/mechanic/capture2.jpg and tell me what has happened....