picknose gets lesson in effieciency

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 23:14:33 -0500, "pick one" <try again!> wrote:

lmfao i dont belive this crap u spew lets review grade 8 science
i will keep this simple for YOU
lmfao the engine does work work takes energy energy makes heat
a more effiecient engine uses less energy = less heat
what happens to engine EFFIECIENCY whe u restrict exhaust??????
hurc ast

Put a burning candle on a plate. Put a big glass over it so that the glass in resting on the plate and the candle is inside, what happens? The candle goes out. Why? Lack of oxygen. So does the candle burn hotter in it last struggle form breath? No don't think so. It just goes out. So an engine that is starving for O2 makes a lot of heat because it is less efficient? Tell me about 8th grade science. I' going to bed you have all night, try to make it intelligent.
On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 23:28:41 -0500, "pick one" <try again!> wrote:

lmfao
duhhhhhhhh u forgot how a cat works FAIL year 2 apprentice again the cat is not starved for air its called an AIR PUMP and fuel comes fron the injectors which are now making a lean mixture
U GO GIRL
BWHAHAHAHAHA cant argue with grade 8 science more efficirnt = less heat
hurc ast

Well that is assuming the engine is equipped with an air pump. Let see, that would make it a push rod engine like the 5.0. The 4.6 does not have an air pump. Fact is Ford stopped using thermactor air pretty much by the mid 90's. But lets assume the vehicle is equipped with a 5.0, it has an air pump. Your saying a melted and restricted cat converter will still do it's job? A converter that you say is contaminated will still work? That this engine will also have cylinder head temperature sensors so that you will get cylinder head over heat codes? Not going to happen, 5.0's do not have cylinder head temperature sensors. Lean code? Most likely not. The converter is after the O2 sensor and it's plugged.............that seems to prevent air being pumped into the cat does it not? Oh you mean up stream air delivery? Ok lets look at the operating mode sequence of the typical thermactor air system.
Cold start; Dump Cold Drive away; Dump Warm-up/Drive Cruise; Upstream Hot Cruise; Downstream Hot Acceleration; Downstream Hot WOT Acceleration; Downstream Hot Curb Idle; Downstream Hot Shutdown; Off Hot Start; Downstream or Upstream Momentarily
So what does Dump mean? Air going to atmosphere not to any part of the exhaust. Notice that the air is only delivered upstream at warm-up? It's there for what a few minuets, then goes down stream. So you have an air pump trying to pump air in a plugged exhaust and it's after the O2 sensor.................seems like your grabbing at straws there bubba.

opined in

No they are NOT making a leaner mixture... YOU just failed basic EEC!
When a cat is plugged, the engine does not breathe easily, SO less air = less fuel.
Engine overheat due to plugged CAT? Dont think so, Tim.

What a dumb ass!

Been a while since I've seen a belt driven air pump... the electric ones only run lomg enough to light the converter..... is barney busted?
On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 04:22:51 GMT, barney snipped-for-privacy@sky.com wrote:

Is this for real? Seriously... someone's jerking our chain's here right? Or is it just me?

I hope this individual is never allowed near anything mechanical.
Just for fun: My understanding of engines, explained like the above goes:
Fuel/Air Mixture enters combustion chamber through intake valve and is compressed when intake valve closes. Rapid oxidation of fuel occurs heating Nitrogen gas resulting in rapid expansion of the gas driving piston down. Exhaust valve opens allowing pressurized spent gasses and byproducts to be released. Exhaust valve is closed & intake valve opens allowing the cylinder to be re-charged on the downstroke of the piston.
However.......... If the catalyst material in the exhaust is plugged no spent oxygen/nitrogen mix will be allowed to leave thus resulting in a positively charged cylinder upon opening of the intake valve. No negative cylinder pressure but positive cylinder pressure means no fuel/oxygen mix entering the cylinder, means no rapid oxidation. means........ (drum roll). NO HEAT. cold cat.
But........ that's an aside. I'm thinking this is a trick question. I can't find EFFIECIENCY in any dictionaries in my house. Anyone in the NG have the definition, 'cause I can't even guess at an answer unless I can understand the question.

hmmmmmm you have fuel prooly dripping out of the cyclinders
tell me what does an reduction reaction produce????
thats the first step in a cat BWAHAHAHA
hurc ast

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 23:12:00 GMT, 3 dog snipped-for-privacy@swatch.com wrote:

I'll try to answer your question if you can write it again, this time in English. Some of it looks like English but..................
opined in news:

bullshit!
Work makes heat, energy doesnt "make heat", energy (air, fuel) is static... it's the conversion process when it's used in creating 'work' that produces heat.
While the end result is essentially the same, bogus illiterate, faulty memorization doesnt help.
Before you get all smartass... the flame on a candle or a propane torch is 'work' which is to say: a physical conversion process.

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 16:10:15 GMT, Backyard Mechanic

can ya have the fire without the energy
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Fire is energy, even if the heat produced is very low it is energy. Call it chemical reaction or thermo, it's heat is energy.