Pics of the 2005 Mustang with a 1970 Mach 1

I took some pics at the local Ford dealer - the new 2005 Mustangs with my 1970 Mustang Mach 1 in the mix.

Pics are @

Yet another $.02 worth from a proud owner of a 1970 Mach 1 351C @

Grover C. McCoury III

hurc ast

Reply to
barney rubble

Maybe it's just bias because I have a 2004 Mach-1, but the newer Mustangs seem kind of "naked" compared to yours because of their lack of hood scoops.

-Rich

Reply to
RichA

I think the 2005 Mustang is whats killing Thunderbird.The Tang is sharp.

tom

Reply to
tjax1

I took delivery of up my redfire/black/black 2005 GT convertible yesterday, wanna race? ;)

mike hunt

"Grover C. McCoury III" wrote:

Reply to
MajorDomo

The T-Bird was planed from the very beginning to be build for only five years.

mike hunt

tjax1 wrote:

Reply to
MelvinGibson

GT should have an option for a black out panel between the tail lights

H.

Reply to
Harry Face

Nothing that a bit of paint can't accomplish. I had the hood scoop from the 2004 GT installed on my 2005. It looks better on the 2005 because it looks lower from the front without the indentation that is one the 2004 hood. ;)

mike hunt

Harry Face wrote:

Reply to
DustyRhoades

Your car is off topic here.:)

Reply to
Merc

Amazing how, looking at your car and the 25 years newer one, I'd rather have yours. More style, more room, easier to see out of. And there's also the lack of depreciation, but that's not the '05's fault.

That dealer's lot looks just like the one in San Leandro. That is, a bunch of V6 '05's but no GT's.

180 Out
Reply to
one80out

Make that 35 years newer.

FYI: The dealership is in Vero Beach, FL - pictures were taken 3/13/05. The inflation adjusted cost of my Mach 1 today is $21,000 ($4,082 new).

Yet another $.02 worth from a proud owner of a 1970 Mach 1 351C @

Grover C. McCoury III

Reply to
Steve Porter

Now I now what's missing - CHROME!

MG

Reply to
Mr.~G.

I've never understood the "don't make 'em like they used to crowd." There are reasons to prefer a classic car, but safety, reliability, ride quality, comfort, and handling are not among them. There are modern cars that I avoid because they're junk or not comfortable etc., but the same was true "back in the day" too. On the whole Ford has gotten much better at designing and making cars.

Rodney

Reply to
Rodney

It's all about being in an "exclusive" group. I don't mean wealthy, just where you can say you are special or different or unique. "I liked and owned these cars before you did." "You can't buy these cars anymore so you'll have to look at mine or buy mine." Those with $$$ say it about expensive toys too, but no one ever says it about a 5 year old Camry.

Also, some people just get stuck in their ways and can't change, or can't afford a new car. The same thing happens with musical preferences, fashion, foods, vacation destinations, etc.

-John

Reply to
Generic