Plastic Ramps and Pads

Yet another knock on effect of the new van is that my old wooden ramps are a touch narrow for the fatter tyres.
I am thinking of getting some of the proprietary plastic ramps,
especially if I can get a good price whilst at the NEC.
How good are they? Any problems with grip, flexing, sinking? Should I fashion a new set from dependable chunks of timber?
How about corner steadies - are the stacking pads any good? What is best for dealing with big slopes?
I've always thought the permanently attached jack pads must be very vulnerable, as if anything is going to ground in transit, it will be the steadies. Am I wrong?
Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
snipped-for-privacy@cdixon.me.uk

few years aging. Although I have two metal ramps, I keep a number wood plank and post lengths ends in my garage for safety supports when I jack.