Please advise. Must drain power steering 2001 Taurus

Hi all

Please advise. Working in the dark, I accidently put washer fluid in the power steering.

Sucked some out so as not to be overfilled. This is a foamy mess that needs to be changed out.

I would assume disconnect the line at the rack and run & flush til clean.

Is this correct?

Is there a drain point?

Does this method get it all out?

Is there a better method?

Thanks in advance.

Bob

Reply to
pixelbrainz

assuming you have run it since that incident.

put in 1 oz drygas, start and idle engine, cycle wheel lock to lock, remove the return hose at the pump, let the resrvoir drain and let the car idle, turn wheel lock to lock, while end of hose in a catch-can.

reattch hose, fill with fluid/1 oz drygas, turn wheel lock-lock several times to circulate,

drain again as above.

pixelbrainz opined in news:1fold.14974$ snipped-for-privacy@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic