Please HELP! I need info for a door swap!

I'm swapping a front drivers side door w/ electric on a 2000 Mercury Sable aka Ford Taurus. I've removed the panel with no problem. I'm having problems removing the exterior door handle and disconnecting
the wiring harness in the door jam. There is a cylinder in the door jam with wires running through it.
Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

This may help
http://www.autozone.com/az/cds/en_us/0900823d/80/1b/0c/9b/0900823d801b0c9b/repairInfoPages.htm
Pah