please help my car dies on me

i have a 1990 ford taurus. when i drive the car just dies on me! i get out of the car and i pull the plug outta the altenator. and some time it starts back
up and sometimes it wont. could some one please tell me what the problem may be?
faulty ignition module

helpless_woman wrote:

Define can not starts? Won't turn over? Turns over but won't start?
It was not uncommon for a TFI ignition modules to go bad or be intermittent. When this happens, the car will stall. It will turn over, but won't hit and won't start. This modules is on the base of the distributor and requires a special thin wall socket to remove.
Bob
-
Bob Urz wrote:

Well it turns over but it wont start. it will drive foe a while then it will just cut out! its not running hot it just cuts out. i just got a new feul filter and i know that gas is getting up there to the front because i press this lil valve and gas squirts out.

"helpless_woman via CarKB.com" wrote:

Sounds like a bad TFI module. It gets hot, and then quits. When it cools down, it's OK until it gets hot again. After so may of those cycles, it's trash.