PLEASE HELP -- overdrive light keeps flashing.

1994 tbird 98k miles My overdrive light now flashes, what does this mean? thanks

It's sick, time to have it checked out. " snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com" <Just Bob> wrote in message

Oh, good lord, could someone just give me a more specific answer ?

It means the processor saw a problem and is telling you by flashing the light. I.E. it's sick, time to have it checked out. Same thing as the check engine light. Same thing as the red engine light or the red brake light. You have a problem, have it checked out. The meaning of idiot lights have not changed, so how "specific" of an answer do you want? If you want an answer that says what is wrong with it and how to fix it, that you can not have as that none of us have ESP.
" snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com" <Just Bob> wrote in message

Would it help if I told you you it was also shuddering ?

If you go to a doctor and complain of a stomach pain, is he going to tell you what is wrong right off the bat with out so much as even touching and probing your stomach? No. The point ought to be obvious. Yes there are things in a transmission that will cause a "shuddering", mostly slipping clutches, get it looked at before you burn it up to the point of it not being repairable. " snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com" <Just Bob> wrote in message

My 95 Grand Marquee displayed this symptom for the first time this weekend. The vehicle must be warm (about 20 minutes of driving time.) It still shifts into overdrive but downshifts, at about 26 mph, much too hard. I am visiting this newsgroup looking for information and insight before having the vehicle serviced. I have parked the vehicle until I have a better idea what is wrong and can therefore find appropriate and "competent" service (not my local dealer.) In the past this news group has been a great source for such information, though some seem to have a different agenda. As I learn more I will be happy to share with you. Please do the same.
" snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com" <Just Bob> wrote in message

thanks and I will share ...
On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 14:19:19 GMT, "Bill Bredlow"

My '94 CV failed in that same manner just over a year ago at about 90k miles. It would shift up seemingly normally. When stopping, it would downshift very hard from OD around 30 mph. I discussed the problem with a friend who is a well experienced Ford trans tech who indicated the torque converter was the problem and likely, all the trans needed. I went ahead and completely disassembled the trans and rebuilt it with the updates and upgrades. Other than the torque converter, no internal problems requiring rebuild were found. If you choose to do the converter only repair, I suggest you also replace the updated torque converter control solenoid upgrade which is about a $15 part and is easily replaced with the pan off which will be part of the repair anyways. This will help assure the converter survives longer with much less probability of shudder. BTW, any electronic partts replaced will need to be for the correct year trans a there was a change. The wrong impedance solenoid will fry your ECM.