Please help with washer unit on hood that sprays water onto windshield

Mother has a 1997 ford taurus and her mechanic told her she needs new ones the local dealer will not order them any suggestions? they told her to go to a junk yard shes 79 year's old I called several yards and was told that was not a part they would send a worker out to remove from a car THANK YOU

Reply to
JACK

That seems weird that the dealer refuses to order them. I would try a different dealer or ask to speak to the parts manager. If that doesn't work, try writing to Ford. You can also do a search on google to see if someone sells them.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

JEFF THANKS

Reply to
JACK IS HERE

"JACK" wrote: Re: 1997 Taurus Windshield washer sprayer on hood. Mother has a 1997 ford taurus and her mechanic told her she needs new ones the local dealer will not order them. They told her to go to a junk yard. I called several yards and was told that was not a part they would send a worker out to remove from a car any suggestions? _____________________________________________________________

That seems weird that the dealer refuses to order them. I would try a different dealer or ask to speak to the parts manager. If that doesn't work, try writing to Ford. You can also do a search on google to see if someone sells them.

==== Jeff _____________________________________________________________

Other things you can do:

Bent spray tube: Bend it back to the desired direction. Clogged spray tube: Stick a needle in the nozzle to clear it. Badly clogged tube: Remove and soak it in calcium/lime/rust cleaner. Cracked plastic feed line: Replace with new tubing from auto parts store. Everything is broken: Get the parts yourself at a pick-and-pull junkyard.

If nothing fixes the problem: Post an inquiry again, describing the actual symptoms. The problem may be somewhere else; washer pump, washer supply line, washer liquid, wiper electrical control, a fuse, ??? Readers on alt.autos.ford often point out previously unconsidered problem areas and solutions if symptoms are described.

Good luck.

==== Wendy & John. ______________________________________________________________

Reply to
Wendy & John

Your dealer sounds like a real charmer.... offer to prepay the parts (get lot's of receipt copies and be sure something is signed regarding "paid - not delivered".

Reply to
Jim Warman

Wendy and John thanks for the reply. The water does not spray it comes out like its a hose.

Reply to
JACK IS HERE

Oh, brother... I replaced the nozzles on my 2000 Taurus and they were cheap. The dealer even had them in stock. I'd imagine yours are identical to the ones I bought. This is not an uncommon problem.

Try to talk to someone else at the dealer or another dealer.

CJB

Reply to
CJB

You can also Goggle Ford + Taurus + Nozzle. You will find some online dealers who sell OEM parts. If you can find some nozzles there, for about $6 + S/H.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

The water does not spray; it comes out like it's a hose. _____________________________________________

That's great - it means everything is working.

The helpful posters at alt.autos.ford have suggested some sources for replacement parts.

If the nozzle tube is metal, you can also try reducing its opening by squeezing it in small steps with a pair of pliers until the spray pattern is acceptable. Or to fix the shape of the spray outlet stick a small rod in the end, squeeze the tube down on the rod, then pull the rod out.

Good luck.

Reply to
Wendy & John