PO174 and PO171 codes, 2000 Mercury Sable

My two year inspection is due this month and wouldn't you know that my service light comes on with the two subject codes when I had it read by Advance. Researching on here leads to a myraid of possibilities, just not sure where to start. The Advance tech immediately said O2 sensor, but researching on here has me thinking that is a false diagnosis.

Funny thing is that I just had the car in for an oil change three weeks ago, and the light was on when I got the car back. Someone had suggested the dipstick not inserted completely, so I made sure it was. Still didn't change the light.

I'm wondering if somehow my mechanic did something inadvertently while he was changing the oil.... knocked a hose off, etc. I took a quick look, but not sure what all to check. A hose could be bad or disconnected and I wouldn't spot it.

The light has come on in the past and I always equated it to maybe too much water in the gas. It would go back off say, after a gas refill, and it never affected inspection. I'm thinking of just filling the tank first and adding a bottle of drygas before doing anything else.

Any ideas here to solve this would be welcome. The car doesn't seem to be running badly at all, can't tell any difference in running.

Thanks in advance, Sam

Reply to
Sam Seagate

You are getting a system too lean error on both banks. I suspect you are running low octain ethanol enhanced fuel. My 2003 Taurus has thrown that code a few times and filling with Shell Premium gas (0% ethanol) has solved the problem. The code needs to be cleared and the drive cycle completed before inspection. Not likely to be you O2 sensors - so save your money. Cleaning the MAF sensor may help too.

Reply to
clare

Yes, I always get the standard, lower octane gas. Did add dry gas today upon refilling (perhaps I should have filled with premium too but did not).

You have any links/ vids on cleaning the MAF sensor?

Any way I can clear the code at home? I don't have the code reader and I had Advance Auto read it for me. Would disconnecting the battery do it?

Thanks for your response!

Sam

Reply to
Sam Seagate

Exactly. So take it to someone who knows what they are doing. A cracked/damaged vacuum hose is highly probable on something that old but so is a leaking intake manifold gasket. The first step is to monitor, verify, and manipulate O2 sensor operation using graphing mode on the scan tool. If the lean condition is only at idle, a vacuum leak is most likely. If the lean code is at cruise, then fuel supply/delivery is suspect.

and it's not an OH it's a 0. P0171, etc. GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

Buy yourself a cheap code reader that has reset cabability. They are available for about $20 - something like an autel 300 series. Look up "clean ford MAF" - there are likely about 100 you tube videos and instractables.

Dry-Gas will often cause the engine to run leaner - it's just like ethanol.

Reply to
clare

Interesting. I never realized that there was a difference with these additives, although I noticed that some of them contained ethanol and others not. I guess I should have used the one that did not contain ethanol. Any way to counteract what I've added, or just drive almost until empty and the get premium gas and/or non-ethanol additive?

I have one of the cheap code readers on the way.

Sam

Reply to
Sam Seagate

Those codes mean that the car is detecting a LEAN condition, there is more air than fuel.

When the system works right, air enters and goes past the MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensor. Some manufacturers use a different device that does essentially the same thing in another way, so do not get bogged down on the exact name of the device. The idea is that the MAF measures the quality of the air -- density and temp -- to help the computer set the fuel delivery so that a ratio of 14.7:1 is attained. This ratio is not critical for the engine, but the CATs need the ratio so that the exhaust molecules are divided evenly to convert the crap in the exhaut into basically air, water, and carbon dioxide.

That's the plan.

The error you are seeing says that there is too much air in the contents of the exhaust. Either this is false or there really is too much air. Assuming there is too much air -- by far the most common reality -- then you have a leak somewhere after the MAF, but before the intake manifold. Basically, the MAF is measuing air, then additional air is getting into the intake that has not been measured, and therefore there is insufficient fuel delivered and the result is LEAN.

Since the issue began after some other service, then it is safe to assume that something -- a hose or duct -- broke during the service and air is entering through the hole that results.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

IF THE CAR CALLS FOR REGULAR, then do not bother with premium. If your car calls for mid grade or premium but you are using regular instead, then use the higher grade that is called for. Having said that, the grade of fuel is not something that will lead to a LEAN or RICH condition. You can still have the correct air/fuel ratio even if the grade of fuel is not correct.

You can buy a code scanner on eBay for under $20, then install an app on your phone or tablet for free, or the upgrade app for $5.00 -- putting you at less than $25 into a scanner that will give you more information about your car than you ever dreamed was available -- and this will let you pull codes and reset them.

The scan module that plugs into your car is called ELM327, and there are several makers. Some are bluetooth and some are WiFi. There are several apps that will communicate with the ELM327 module.

Among other things, the module will allow you to build a data base as you drive the car to work and home again, or wherever you want to go, and the data will allow you to plot a graph about what the O2 Sensors are actually doing. This will tell you if the data that the sensors report is in error or if there is a problem for you to address.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

THIS IS WHERE YOU START YOUR DIAGNOSTICS.

Since the code came after service, then be sure the service was competent and correct before you satart looking for parts to replace. The First Rule of Auto Repair states that you should do the simple and cheap stuff first. This includes fixing stuff that was "fixed" a week ago.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

A friend let me borrow his Centech 60694 scan tool today. He wasn't around to help, but gave me the manual. Not the greatest help, but I did manage to hook it up and it shows the two codes mentioned prior. It gives options to freeze, print data, etc and has a USB port. It took me a while to figure out all the abbreviations, but I see several oxygen options along with graphing. If you or someone could advise as to where to go with this next, would appreciate. If I could figure out how to share the data, I will.

Thanks, Sam

Reply to
Sam Seagate

I am not familiar with this particular unit, but generally speaking you need the ELM327 + phone/device app to gather any significant data sets. Freeze Frame is useful, but consider a snap shot of your kid's soccer game or a video of it. Freeze Frame is a snap shot, the smart phone app will provide a video.

You are making this hugely more difficult than it needs to be. I put the odds that the oil change technician broke a hose at about 95%, and I'm being generous to the oil change guy -- he really has odds at about 99%.

Your car is giving codes that say the engine is LEAN. In the absence of any other information, the assumption must be that there is a vacuum leak. It is posssible that the trouble is more complex, but you MUST make sure that the simple stuff is not the cause.

Your car has 4 O2 sensors, two (one on each bank of cylinders) before CAT, and two (again, one on each bank) after the CAT. Your codes are saying that the sensors before the CATs are detecting too much air, or not enough fuel, in the exhaust stream.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

I initially did a propane test around all the hoses I could see and the car didn't run any differently. Not sure what hoses or vacuum would be near the oil fill and/or filter, but may have to recheck. I don't have a vacuum diagram for the car and I couldn't find one googling.

Sam

Reply to
Sam Seagate

ANYTHING added to the fuel in any amount that is not gasoline changes the mixture. If you are using ethanolg fuel to start with, adding anything other than ethanol free gasoline will get you to less than

95% gasoline - which your 2000 model year car is NOT designed for. Run it low on fuel then fill up with ethanol free gasoline - reset the CEL and see what happens.

Also, check ALL vacuum hoses. If they fit loose, cut the end back half an inch and re-install, or replace the hose.

Reply to
clare

It's not the octane rating, or the fact that it is premium gas - He needs to try ethanol free gasoline - and Shell Premium has no ethanol

- which is why I recommended it for troubleshooting purposes If the car is not designed for E10, or worse yet E15 fuel, the engine will run lean with the adulterated fuel

He is better off to just buy a simple code scanner for his purposes. Same price and no downloading, and no compatability problems if he doesn't have the right kind of phone.

That's fine if he is a geek or knows what to look for. Doesn't strike me as being that technically inclined (no offence intended)

Reply to
clare

The propane check will not tell you much on an electronically controlled engine that is running well and has only a small vacuum leak. You need to physically check all of the connections first - the ends of the hoses - then if you have not found anything check for cracked hoses - any hose that has hardened is suspect and should be changed.

Reply to
clare

You know what ASS U ME means, right?? Make no assumptions. Just as likely something else went wrong unrelated to the oil change. The light was on when he picked it up - car had not been driven since the oil change enough to go closed loop and check the sensors and cats.

I've had too many customers come back and say things like "you just changed my wipers and now the muffler fell off - You must have done something to damage it" or You put new tires on last week, and now the engine is smoking and knocking - what the H%$$ did you do to my car?"

Reply to
clare

And also includes ruling out common things like fuel quality which WILL cause the problem - and has been the cause of those codes before (including on my wife's car - same model but 2 years newer)

Reply to
clare

Without ANY high-tech equipment or data-mining he can eliminate fuel quality (a COMMON cause of the codes on that particular car) - and he can check the hoses more carefully if that doesn't solve the problem. He needs a simple code scanner to read the codes and shut off the light. If he has an air leak, he can look first at anything that would affect both banks equally.

Reply to
clare

First chance I get, I will refill with premium. Still trying to run the current tank low with long trips and such. Partially retired, so running around takes far less gas than it used to.

Any idea where I could find a vacuum diagram for this car? I haven't been able to find one online with googling. So far, I've done both the propane and carb cleaner spray methods on just about every hose I could see and the car does not run any differently, but without a diagram I may be missing something.

You're right, I am not technically inclined with cars. With computers and most other small scale electronics, yes, but not cars. Everytime someone is mentioning these three letter acronyms, I have to look them up.... and that's the problem with the code reader I borrowed, it's all in acronyms and the manual isn't very good at telling me what they are.

I wouldn't be doing this, but I am trying to get a little more proficient with cars than I used to be as repair expenses continue to rise, plus the fact that I'm semi-retired and get less income, and the fact that this is inspection month for the darned thing.

If I can't solve this myself though by the middle of this month, it goes to my mechanic since inspection is due.

Sam

Reply to
Sam Seagate

Ok, I managed to install the software and download the data from the OBD scanner. I designated it to print ALL data obtained so far, so I printed it to a text file. It's fairly long, but I am including it here for anyone who might have some ideas:

Read Codes P0171 $10 Generic System Too Lean Bank 1 P0174 $10 Generic System Too Lean Bank 2

Live Data Number of DTCs stored in this ECU 2 Fuel system 1 statusCL Fuel System 2 status-- Calculated LOAD Value(%)28.2 Engine Coolant Temperature(¡£C)96 Short Term Fuel Trim -Bank 1(%)8.6 Long Term Fuel Trim - Bank 1(%)25.0 Short Term Fuel Trim -Bank 2(%)14.8 Long Term Fuel Trim - Bank 2(%)25.0 Fuel Rail Pressure(gauge)(kPa)396 Engine RPM(rpm) 694 Vehicle Speed Sensor(km/h)0 Ignition Timing Advanece for #1 Cylinder(¡£)28.0 Intake Air Temperature(¡£C)38 Air Flow Rate from Mass Air Flow(g/s)2.85 Absolute Throttle Position(%)18.8 Location of Oxygen SensorsB1S12--B2S12-- Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 1-Sensor 1(V)0.075 Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 1-Sensor 1(%)11.7 Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 1-Sensor 2(V)0.075 Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 1-Sensor 2(%)N/A Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 2-Sensor 1(V)0.375 Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 2-Sensor 1(%)13.3 Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 2-Sensor 2(V)0.085 Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 2-Sensor 2(%)99.2 OBD requirements to which vehicle is designedOBDII

---------------------- Number of DTCs stored in this ECU 2 Fuel system 1 statusCL Fuel System 2 status-- Calculated LOAD Value(%)28.2 Engine Coolant Temperature(¡£C)96 Short Term Fuel Trim -Bank 1(%)10.2 Long Term Fuel Trim - Bank 1(%)25.0 Short Term Fuel Trim -Bank 2(%)14.8 Long Term Fuel Trim - Bank 2(%)25.0 Fuel Rail Pressure(gauge)(kPa)396 Engine RPM(rpm) 708 Vehicle Speed Sensor(km/h)0 Ignition Timing Advanece for #1 Cylinder(¡£)27.0 Intake Air Temperature(¡£C)38 Air Flow Rate from Mass Air Flow(g/s)2.90 Absolute Throttle Position(%)19.2 Location of Oxygen SensorsB1S12--B2S12-- Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 1-Sensor 1(V)0.265 Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 1-Sensor 1(%)10.9 Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 1-Sensor 2(V)0.095 Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 1-Sensor 2(%)N/A Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 2-Sensor 1(V)0.550 Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 2-Sensor 1(%)9.4 Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 2-Sensor 2(V)0.090 Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 2-Sensor 2(%)99.2 OBD requirements to which vehicle is designedOBDII

---------------------- Number of DTCs stored in this ECU 2 Fuel system 1 statusCL Fuel System 2 status-- Calculated LOAD Value(%)28.2 Engine Coolant Temperature(¡£C)96 Short Term Fuel Trim -Bank 1(%)13.3 Long Term Fuel Trim - Bank 1(%)25.0 Short Term Fuel Trim -Bank 2(%)14.1 Long Term Fuel Trim - Bank 2(%)25.0 Fuel Rail Pressure(gauge)(kPa)396 Engine RPM(rpm) 682 Vehicle Speed Sensor(km/h)0 Ignition Timing Advanece for #1 Cylinder(¡£)28.0 Intake Air Temperature(¡£C)38 Air Flow Rate from Mass Air Flow(g/s)2.85 Absolute Throttle Position(%)18.8 Location of Oxygen SensorsB1S12--B2S12-- Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 1-Sensor 1(V)0.580 Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 1-Sensor 1(%)8.6 Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 1-Sensor 2(V)0.095 Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 1-Sensor 2(%)N/A Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 2-Sensor 1(V)0.710 Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 2-Sensor 1(%)10.2 Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 2-Sensor 2(V)0.090 Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 2-Sensor 2(%)99.2 OBD requirements to which vehicle is designedOBDII

---------------------- Number of DTCs stored in this ECU 2 Fuel system 1 statusCL Fuel System 2 status-- Calculated LOAD Value(%)28.2 Engine Coolant Temperature(¡£C)96 Short Term Fuel Trim -Bank 1(%)11.7 Long Term Fuel Trim - Bank 1(%)25.0 Short Term Fuel Trim -Bank 2(%)12.5 Long Term Fuel Trim - Bank 2(%)25.0 Fuel Rail Pressure(gauge)(kPa)399 Engine RPM(rpm) 720 Vehicle Speed Sensor(km/h)0 Ignition Timing Advanece for #1 Cylinder(¡£)27.5 Intake Air Temperature(¡£C)38 Air Flow Rate from Mass Air Flow(g/s)2.85 Absolute Throttle Position(%)18.8 Location of Oxygen SensorsB1S12--B2S12-- Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 1-Sensor 1(V)0.590 Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 1-Sensor 1(%)9.4 Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 1-Sensor 2(V)0.085 Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 1-Sensor 2(%)N/A Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 2-Sensor 1(V)0.370 Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 2-Sensor 1(%)11.7 Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 2-Sensor 2(V)0.070 Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 2-Sensor 2(%)99.2 OBD requirements to which vehicle is designedOBDII

---------------------- Number of DTCs stored in this ECU 2 Fuel system 1 statusCL Fuel System 2 status-- Calculated LOAD Value(%)28.2 Engine Coolant Temperature(¡£C)96 Short Term Fuel Trim -Bank 1(%)10.9 Long Term Fuel Trim - Bank 1(%)25.0 Short Term Fuel Trim -Bank 2(%)10.2 Long Term Fuel Trim - Bank 2(%)25.0 Fuel Rail Pressure(gauge)(kPa)396 Engine RPM(rpm) 698 Vehicle Speed Sensor(km/h)0 Ignition Timing Advanece for #1 Cylinder(¡£)27.5 Intake Air Temperature(¡£C)39 Air Flow Rate from Mass Air Flow(g/s)2.85 Absolute Throttle Position(%)19.2 Location of Oxygen SensorsB1S12--B2S12-- Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 1-Sensor 1(V)0.435 Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 1-Sensor 1(%)10.2 Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 1-Sensor 2(V)0.065 Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 1-Sensor 2(%)N/A Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 2-Sensor 1(V)0.125 Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 2-Sensor 1(%)14.1 Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 2-Sensor 2(V)0.070 Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 2-Sensor 2(%)99.2 OBD requirements to which vehicle is designedOBDII

---------------------- Number of DTCs stored in this ECU 2 Fuel system 1 statusCL Fuel System 2 status-- Calculated LOAD Value(%)28.2 Engine Coolant Temperature(¡£C)96 Short Term Fuel Trim -Bank 1(%)8.6 Long Term Fuel Trim - Bank 1(%)25.0 Short Term Fuel Trim -Bank 2(%)10.9 Long Term Fuel Trim - Bank 2(%)25.0 Fuel Rail Pressure(gauge)(kPa)402 Engine RPM(rpm) 706 Vehicle Speed Sensor(km/h)0 Ignition Timing Advanece for #1 Cylinder(¡£)27.0 Intake Air Temperature(¡£C)39 Air Flow Rate from Mass Air Flow(g/s)2.85 Absolute Throttle Position(%)18.8 Location of Oxygen SensorsB1S12--B2S12-- Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 1-Sensor 1(V)0.245 Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 1-Sensor 1(%)12.5 Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 1-Sensor 2(V)0.075 Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 1-Sensor 2(%)N/A Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 2-Sensor 1(V)0.585 Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 2-Sensor 1(%)8.6 Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 2-Sensor 2(V)0.095 Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 2-Sensor 2(%)99.2 OBD requirements to which vehicle is designedOBDII

---------------------- Number of DTCs stored in this ECU 2 Fuel system 1 statusCL Fuel System 2 status-- Calculated LOAD Value(%)28.2 Engine Coolant Temperature(¡£C)96 Short Term Fuel Trim -Bank 1(%)8.6 Long Term Fuel Trim - Bank 1(%)25.0 Short Term Fuel Trim -Bank 2(%)13.3 Long Term Fuel Trim - Bank 2(%)25.0 Fuel Rail Pressure(gauge)(kPa)399 Engine RPM(rpm) 701 Vehicle Speed Sensor(km/h)0 Ignition Timing Advanece for #1 Cylinder(¡£)27.0 Intake Air Temperature(¡£C)39 Air Flow Rate from Mass Air Flow(g/s)2.85 Absolute Throttle Position(%)18.8 Location of Oxygen SensorsB1S12--B2S12-- Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 1-Sensor 1(V)0.060 Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 1-Sensor 1(%)12.5 Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 1-Sensor 2(V)0.055 Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 1-Sensor 2(%)N/A Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 2-Sensor 1(V)0.740 Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 2-Sensor 1(%)10.2 Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 2-Sensor 2(V)0.085 Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 2-Sensor 2(%)99.2 OBD requirements to which vehicle is designedOBDII

---------------------- Number of DTCs stored in this ECU 2 Fuel system 1 statusCL Fuel System 2 status-- Calculated LOAD Value(%)28.2 Engine Coolant Temperature(¡£C)96 Short Term Fuel Trim -Bank 1(%)14.1 Long Term Fuel Trim - Bank 1(%)25.0 Short Term Fuel Trim -Bank 2(%)12.5 Long Term Fuel Trim - Bank 2(%)25.0 Fuel Rail Pressure(gauge)(kPa)396 Engine RPM(rpm) 699 Vehicle Speed Sensor(km/h)0 Ignition Timing Advanece for #1 Cylinder(¡£)26.0 Intake Air Temperature(¡£C)39 Air Flow Rate from Mass Air Flow(g/s)2.85 Absolute Throttle Position(%)19.2 Location of Oxygen SensorsB1S12--B2S12-- Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 1-Sensor 1(V)0.640 Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 1-Sensor 1(%)9.4 Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 1-Sensor 2(V)0.095 Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 1-Sensor 2(%)N/A Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 2-Sensor 1(V)0.600 Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 2-Sensor 1(%)10.9 Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 2-Sensor 2(V)0.075 Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 2-Sensor 2(%)99.2 OBD requirements to which vehicle is designedOBDII

---------------------- Number of DTCs stored in this ECU 2 Fuel system 1 statusCL Fuel System 2 status-- Calculated LOAD Value(%)28.6 Engine Coolant Temperature(¡£C)96 Short Term Fuel Trim -Bank 1(%)11.7 Long Term Fuel Trim - Bank 1(%)25.0 Short Term Fuel Trim -Bank 2(%)9.4 Long Term Fuel Trim - Bank 2(%)25.0 Fuel Rail Pressure(gauge)(kPa)399 Engine RPM(rpm) 687 Vehicle Speed Sensor(km/h)0 Ignition Timing Advanece for #1 Cylinder(¡£)28.5 Intake Air Temperature(¡£C)39 Air Flow Rate from Mass Air Flow(g/s)2.90 Absolute Throttle Position(%)19.2 Location of Oxygen SensorsB1S12--B2S12-- Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 1-Sensor 1(V)0.630 Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 1-Sensor 1(%)9.4 Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 1-Sensor 2(V)0.075 Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 1-Sensor 2(%)N/A Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 2-Sensor 1(V)0.085 Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 2-Sensor 1(%)12.5 Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 2-Sensor 2(V)0.065 Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 2-Sensor 2(%)99.2 OBD requirements to which vehicle is designedOBDII

---------------------- Number of DTCs stored in this ECU 2 Fuel system 1 statusCL Fuel System 2 status-- Calculated LOAD Value(%)28.2 Engine Coolant Temperature(¡£C)96 Short Term Fuel Trim -Bank 1(%)7.8 Long Term Fuel Trim - Bank 1(%)25.0 Short Term Fuel Trim -Bank 2(%)9.4 Long Term Fuel Trim - Bank 2(%)25.0 Fuel Rail Pressure(gauge)(kPa)396 Engine RPM(rpm) 708 Vehicle Speed Sensor(km/h)0 Ignition Timing Advanece for #1 Cylinder(¡£)28.0 Intake Air Temperature(¡£C)39 Air Flow Rate from Mass Air Flow(g/s)2.90 Absolute Throttle Position(%)18.8 Location of Oxygen SensorsB1S12--B2S12-- Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 1-Sensor 1(V)0.430 Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 1-Sensor 1(%)12.5 Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 1-Sensor 2(V)0.060 Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 1-Sensor 2(%)N/A Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 2-Sensor 1(V)0.165 Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 2-Sensor 1(%)11.7 Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 2-Sensor 2(V)0.095 Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 2-Sensor 2(%)99.2 OBD requirements to which vehicle is designedOBDII

---------------------- Number of DTCs stored in this ECU 2 Fuel system 1 statusCL Fuel System 2 status-- Calculated LOAD Value(%)28.2 Engine Coolant Temperature(¡£C)96 Short Term Fuel Trim -Bank 1(%)7.8 Long Term Fuel Trim - Bank 1(%)25.0 Short Term Fuel Trim -Bank 2(%)9.4 Long Term Fuel Trim - Bank 2(%)25.0 Fuel Rail Pressure(gauge)(kPa)393 Engine RPM(rpm) 688 Vehicle Speed Sensor(km/h)0 Ignition Timing Advanece for #1 Cylinder(¡£)29.0 Intake Air Temperature(¡£C)38 Air Flow Rate from Mass Air Flow(g/s)2.85 Absolute Throttle Position(%)19.2 Location of Oxygen SensorsB1S12--B2S12-- Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 1-Sensor 1(V)0.075 Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 1-Sensor 1(%)11.7 Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 1-Sensor 2(V)0.050 Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 1-Sensor 2(%)N/A Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 2-Sensor 1(V)0.415 Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 2-Sensor 1(%)7.8 Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 2-Sensor 2(V)0.095 Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 2-Sensor 2(%)99.2 OBD requirements to which vehicle is designedOBDII

---------------------- Number of DTCs stored in this ECU 2 Fuel system 1 statusCL Fuel System 2 status-- Calculated LOAD Value(%)27.8 Engine Coolant Temperature(¡£C)96 Short Term Fuel Trim -Bank 1(%)10.2 Long Term Fuel Trim - Bank 1(%)25.0 Short Term Fuel Trim -Bank 2(%)11.7 Long Term Fuel Trim - Bank 2(%)25.0 Fuel Rail Pressure(gauge)(kPa)393 Engine RPM(rpm) 707 Vehicle Speed Sensor(km/h)0 Ignition Timing Advanece for #1 Cylinder(¡£)27.0 Intake Air Temperature(¡£C)38 Air Flow Rate from Mass Air Flow(g/s)2.90 Absolute Throttle Position(%)18.8 Location of Oxygen SensorsB1S12--B2S12-- Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 1-Sensor 1(V)0.605 Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 1-Sensor 1(%)7.8 Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 1-Sensor 2(V)0.100 Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 1-Sensor 2(%)N/A Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 2-Sensor 1(V)0.765 Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 2-Sensor 1(%)9.4 Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 2-Sensor 2(V)0.085 Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 2-Sensor 2(%)99.2 OBD requirements to which vehicle is designedOBDII

---------------------- Number of DTCs stored in this ECU 2 Fuel system 1 statusCL Fuel System 2 status-- Calculated LOAD Value(%)28.2 Engine Coolant Temperature(¡£C)96 Short Term Fuel Trim -Bank 1(%)10.2 Long Term Fuel Trim - Bank 1(%)25.0 Short Term Fuel Trim -Bank 2(%)7.8 Long Term Fuel Trim - Bank 2(%)25.0 Fuel Rail Pressure(gauge)(kPa)390 Engine RPM(rpm) 699 Vehicle Speed Sensor(km/h)0 Ignition Timing Advanece for #1 Cylinder(¡£)27.0 Intake Air Temperature(¡£C)38 Air Flow Rate from Mass Air Flow(g/s)2.90 Absolute Throttle Position(%)18.8 Location of Oxygen SensorsB1S12--B2S12-- Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 1-Sensor 1(V)0.700 Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 1-Sensor 1(%)8.6 Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 1-Sensor 2(V)0.090 Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 1-Sensor 2(%)N/A Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 2-Sensor 1(V)0.145 Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 2-Sensor 1(%)11.7 Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 2-Sensor 2(V)0.070 Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 2-Sensor 2(%)99.2 OBD requirements to which vehicle is designedOBDII

---------------------- Number of DTCs stored in this ECU 2 Fuel system 1 statusCL Fuel System 2 status-- Calculated LOAD Value(%)28.6 Engine Coolant Temperature(¡£C)96 Short Term Fuel Trim -Bank 1(%)7.0 Long Term Fuel Trim - Bank 1(%)25.0 Short Term Fuel Trim -Bank 2(%)8.6 Long Term Fuel Trim - Bank 2(%)25.0 Fuel Rail Pressure(gauge)(kPa)390 Engine RPM(rpm) 701 Vehicle Speed Sensor(km/h)0 Ignition Timing Advanece for #1 Cylinder(¡£)27.0 Intake Air Temperature(¡£C)38 Air Flow Rate from Mass Air Flow(g/s)2.85 Absolute Throttle Position(%)18.8 Location of Oxygen SensorsB1S12--B2S12-- Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 1-Sensor 1(V)0.245 Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 1-Sensor 1(%)11.7 Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 1-Sensor 2(V)0.070 Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 1-Sensor 2(%)N/A Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 2-Sensor 1(V)0.090 Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 2-Sensor 1(%)11.7 Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 2-Sensor 2(V)0.075 Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 2-Sensor 2(%)99.2 OBD requirements to which vehicle is designedOBDII

---------------------- Number of DTCs stored in this ECU 2 Fuel system 1 statusCL Fuel System 2 status-- Calculated LOAD Value(%)28.2 Engine Coolant Temperature(¡£C)96 Short Term Fuel Trim -Bank 1(%)7.0 Long Term Fuel Trim - Bank 1(%)25.0 Short Term Fuel Trim -Bank 2(%)8.6 Long Term Fuel Trim - Bank 2(%)25.0 Fuel Rail Pressure(gauge)(kPa)396 Engine RPM(rpm) 692 Vehicle Speed Sensor(km/h)0 Ignition Timing Advanece for #1 Cylinder(¡£)29.0 Intake Air Temperature(¡£C)38 Air Flow Rate from Mass Air Flow(g/s)2.90 Absolute Throttle Position(%)18.8 Location of Oxygen SensorsB1S12--B2S12-- Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 1-Sensor 1(V)0.435 Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 1-Sensor 1(%)7.8 Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 1-Sensor 2(V)0.080 Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 1-Sensor 2(%)N/A Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 2-Sensor 1(V)0.490 Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 2-Sensor 1(%)6.3 Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 2-Sensor 2(V)0.100 Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 2-Sensor 2(%)99.2 OBD requirements to which vehicle is designedOBDII

---------------------- Number of DTCs stored in this ECU 2 Fuel system 1 statusCL Fuel System 2 status-- Calculated LOAD Value(%)28.6 Engine Coolant Temperature(¡£C)96 Short Term Fuel Trim -Bank 1(%)5.5 Long Term Fuel Trim - Bank 1(%)25.0 Short Term Fuel Trim -Bank 2(%)10.9 Long Term Fuel Trim - Bank 2(%)25.0 Fuel Rail Pressure(gauge)(kPa)396 Engine RPM(rpm) 705 Vehicle Speed Sensor(km/h)0 Ignition Timing Advanece for #1 Cylinder(¡£)28.0 Intake Air Temperature(¡£C)38 Air Flow Rate from Mass Air Flow(g/s)2.85 Absolute Throttle Position(%)19.2 Location of Oxygen SensorsB1S12--B2S12-- Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 1-Sensor 1(V)0.050 Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 1-Sensor 1(%)10.2 Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 1-Sensor 2(V)0.065 Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 1-Sensor 2(%)N/A Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 2-Sensor 1(V)0.595 Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 2-Sensor 1(%)7.0 Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 2-Sensor 2(V)0.095 Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 2-Sensor 2(%)99.2 OBD requirements to which vehicle is designedOBDII

View Freeze Frame DTCFRZF() P0174 FUELSYS1() CL FUELSYS2() -- LOAD_PCT(%) 36.1 ECT(¡£C) 80 SHRTFT1(%) 20.3 LONGFT1(%) 25.0 SHRTFT2(%) 20.3 LONGFT2(%) 25.0 RPM(rpm) 684 VSS(km/h) 1

Modules Present ID: Protocol $10: SAE J1850 PWM

Reply to
Sam Seagate