Pontiac G6 or Ford Fusion V6?

Page 2 of 2
In the real world of experienced drivers, traction control is a pain in the butt. When one is driving slippery road it works fine but if one is trying
to get motivated when the traction is less than ideal, the traction control needs to be turned OFF or the engine drops down to idle and you can't get to goin' That is true of FWD or RWD vehicles. The 'traction Lox' axle is the baby that does what needs to get dune to drive when it slick. My Mustang will get up our driveway, or any icy hill, better than the FWD cars any day. People assume because FWD may have an advantage when driving in unplowed snow that it handles better or is better on plowed mountain roads, as well, FWD is not better. Next time you slide of the road on an icy downhill curve, take note of what the cop is driving when he comes to investigate the accident. ;)
mike hunt
mike hunt

replaced it with a Nissan Maxima, my first rice rocket--FWD, switchable traction control, 4 wheel discs, load sensing ABS. I've had the opportunity to drive the Max on snowy roads. While the T-bird was always a handful, the Max has no problem under any conditions. Plus, even though both cars weigh about the same, and have the same wheelbase, the Max is a rocket ship compared to the Bird.
I wanted a Mustang GT, when I bought the Max, but the Ford dealers were non-responsive, while the Nissan dealer fell all over themselves trying to be helpful. Unlike the Ford slug, the Nissan sales chick was knowledgeable about the technical aspects of the car. With the exception of Daimler-Chrysler (and I have nagging doubts about their quality), American carmaker are killing themselves with their crappy attitudes. At today's prices, cars are no longer throw away toys, unlike the good ole '60's.

So would you say the engine is much more advanced than the pontiac pusher rod?
Oil Can Harry wrote:

Based on having owned an Escort (2000) I would stay far away from Ford.
Go with Pontiac...they're great cars at an exceptional value.
--
RSS Feed/Incognito Blog
http://blog.360.yahoo.com/rss-siXzkMA8eqhXNgGa9ZbTlKkOL5SWLA --

You don't know Detroit, do ya?
Mike Hunter wrote:

--
RSS Feed/Incognito Blog
http://blog.360.yahoo.com/rss-siXzkMA8eqhXNgGa9ZbTlKkOL5SWLA --

Before buying a Fusion see the Mazda 6 from whence it came. <:)
Although The 6 and the Fusion share the same basic Ford chassis, they are different vehicles in total. The Mazda costs more to but the Mazda has a longer 4/50 warranty.
mike hunt