poor mechanic --

On my way home from our hangar lunch at the airport I found a poor guy sitting at the side of the road with the hood of his late-sixties Mustang looking a bit bewildered. I pulled over to see if I could help

- it was a mechanic who had just replaced the cam and lifters on the Ford small-block and said the car just backfired a bit through the intake and stopped dead. He had determined he had no spark - but that was all. I threw my voltmeter onto the coil positive to confirm the ignition was getting power, then popped the cap and asked him to crank the engine over. Rotor didn't turn. Looks like the poor mechanic will be opening up the whole front of the engine again to determine what disconnected the distributor from the crank (I know it connects to the cam, but we haven't yet determined if the cam was actually still turning (although it DID sound like the engine still had compression))

Reply to
clare

Sounds like the timing chain may have broken. My 69 Firebird did exactly the same thing a couple decades ago. Or the cam sheared.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher