Power steering fluid change?

The mileage on my Escort has reached 100-K. I want to service the power steering system. Should I drain the PS system while adding new fluid or just add some Lucas conditioner, or both?
Thanks

Remove and extend return/reservoir hose ... idling engine, drain into bucket till runs clear.
I SAY AGAIN, the Lucas PS additive works great - IF YOU HAVE A LEAK IN YOUR RACK, IT MIGHT SAVE YOU BIG BUCKS! -
IF YOU DONT HAVE A LEAK..dont use it!!!!!!
--
Yeh, I'm a Krusty old Geezer, pounding common sense into newbies' heads..
one post at a time!

well, in the first place brake fluid doesnt 'just sit there' though it's a single ended system.. and can only be flushed thru bleeders.
but no, it recirculates as the rack or box operates... which is why there's a 'return' hose
you pay..DEAL with it!
WG wrote:

The fluid in the PS reservoir does mix with the fluid in the system but there's not much point in changing just the fluid in the reservoir. It represents a relatively small amount of the total PS fluid.