power steering fluid leak

How much for a repair on a power steering rack on an '02 Taurus? There doesn't seem to be a leak on the boot itself, only where the rubber boot seals up against the metal shaft.

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

which would probably indicate that boot is half full of PS fluid, instead of air, which is what's supposed to be there.
Means a new or rebuilt rack. Plus tie rods if car has more than 75Kmiles... wouldnt make sense to use old ones.
If you arent losing a lot of fluid, try adding Lucas PS sealer.. ONLY one I found to work!
you pay..DEAL with it!