Power Steering Pump Ques.

I'm not even gonna go into how I should know this--but I don't-I'm replacing the high press. line on the PSP in my 72 F-100,(360, Cherry, makes even me look cool). No press. in line now-big hole- Once its
replaced, can I just fill up the res. then bleed it by turning the wheel to and fro? Any advice is allways nice. Thanx.
replace pressure line.might even want to replace return line.use trans cooler line available at almost any parts house and good worm clamps. cut off crimp fitting if necessary. refill resevoir when finished.start up truck and turn wheel side to side.don't hold it in full turn stop for long.recheck level and top off to cold full.drive around for a while and recheck level with fluid hot.