power streering and synthetic fluids

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew of any good synthetic power steering fluids. A few years back, I had 1993 Ford Ranger and a round 200,000 kilometers, the power steering became inefficient and very noisy. One day I was in Walmart and noticed the store brand synthetic power steering fluid that was about $1.50 or so. I bought it and with a turkey baster removed some fluid (there is no drain on a ford power steering pump) and then topped it up with the synthetic from Walmart. In a few minutes after starting the engine, the noise went away and power steering work almost like new again. I had to do the same thing about 50,000 kilometers later and had the same results. The downside is that Walmart doesn't sell a synthetic power steering fluid anymore. The only other brand that I came by was Valvoline's but that cost around $10 which I could pay knowing that it would eliminate the wine and moan from the power steering pump in my 1998 Ford Windstar. Anyone have any suggests on a good synthetic power steering fluid or even a transmission fluid that I could use?

Thanks,

Carl

Reply to
carlbernardi