power windows

what would cause my windows to go down but not up from either switch

Reply to
missauto

Somethings broken.... year, make and model would help us narrow it down a bit... honest.

Most likely causes would be a broken wire or a faulty drivers door switch.

Reply to
Jim Warman

Well, for one thing it is much easier going down than up. Ever notice how much harder it is to climb stairs. If the mechanism is bound up and rusty, the window will stop moving. If it doesn't even try to move even with a little manual assistance, then the switch likely bad. Since you say "windowS" instead of wndow, I presume it's the switch. I'm guessing that these are the windows in your vehicle rather than the house. Patient: Doctor, it hurts. Doctor: Where? Patient: You tell me. You're the doctor.

Reply to
Al Bundy