powertrain warranty on used vehicle - possible?

I just bought a USED 2001 e350 passenger van with 133k miles. As an insurance policy, I'm looking into a drivetrain (powertrain) warranty. The local Ford dealer said only vehicles bought through the deal can get one through him. Anyone know other sources, that are highly recommended for this - e.g., AAA. There are dozens of sites willing to take my $$, but not sure which are good.

Jason Shohet

Reply to
jasonshohet

Place the amount you would pay to by an extended warranty in a savings account and you will be way ahead.

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter