Preventive replacement of engine parts

I have a '95 Ford Aerostar with 100K miles, and except that two fuel pumps have died, it has been an excellent car.
I'm curious: Would it be advisable at this point, to reduce the likelihood
of failures on the road, to have the water pump and generator replaced?
Tx,
CV, Hilton Head Is., SC

do the belts, hoses, plugs and fuel filter too for sure. Oh and...have you serviced the transmission lately?

Using your logic, why not replace the rod bearing too? Or the Transmission.
Basically, as the old daying goes "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". Hank

Sparkplugs, wires and battery aren't a bad idea. Maybe wheelbearings, brakepads, shoes and tie rod ends ?
Bill
At 100K you have gotten your money out of those parts. THAT is what preventive maintenance is all about. Much easier to change them now than when the give out and leave you stranded.
mike hunt
Charles Varner wrote:

Charles Varner wrote:

broken. I take it regularly cross country on 3000 mile round trips from Texas to Florida. Just ensure that your fluids have been properly serviced and you should be good to go. I only had to replace a noisy alternator once and also a noisy catalytic convertor on separate trips. Much less expensive than trying to replace everything that "might" go wrong. Remember, every time you have your car serviced, there is a definite possibility of something else being affected negatively. Stan K.
Do NOT replace the alternator as a preventative maintanence item. Replacement alternators are often of such poor quality that your much better off with the original one.
Perhaps if you are the kind that buys rebuilt parts. What makes you believe a new Ford alternator with a 12mo/12mi warranty will not last just as long as the original when it too was new? Sounds a bit silly to me to believe other wise ;)
mike hunt