Probe Fuel filter question..(problem)

My 93 Ford Probe GT was running rough and we removed the Fuel filter. It had a fairly clogged flow. So we put a new fuel filter in and Now it won't start at all. Does anyone have an Idea as to what the problem
might be? I checked the fuel flow direction and it is correct.
Thanks for the reply.
Assume the fuel pump runs on key-on...
Next step is check fuel pressure.. but also check for spark - coincidences, but necessary
4ax.com: