probe gt 93 questions

i'll buy an used probe gt 93 soon, and would like indication on what to look for, like the car's weekness or thing that can go wrong around 120km as i never owned one. thank you for all your lights.

Reply to
disarm

disarm opined in news:TSsZa.4873$ snipped-for-privacy@weber.videotron.net:

The MAIN weakness is that they are easy to break into... NEVER keep anything of value in plain sight.

Otherwise, they're fun cars.

Here's a site that's not exactly what you are looking for but pretty helpful:

Backyard Mechanic

Pygoscelis Papua opined in news:LhtZa.78081$cF.24187@rwcrnsc53:

Prices for parts have reduced significantly in the last few years... There are TONS of Probes and 626's (same platform) on the road PLUS how "High Tech" can it ('93) be?

It uses EECIV.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

The cam timing, the heads, the brakes, the starter, all still very expensive compared to parts and service for most American made cars. I'm not saying the car isn't worth it, just making the buyer aware. He can call his local parts stores and get prices.

Reply to
Pygoscelis Papua

The GT used Mazda electronics or MECS. The Probes equipped with a 3.0 Liter engine used EEC 4 but all the others used MECS. Bob

Reply to
Bob

yeah tought of that but all 2 doors seems to be easy to break into

the mustang (if he was talking about the 5.0) suggestion is out of question as it will be my daily drive and gaz millage is an issue.

i own a ranger with a 2.3 and ill never buy another 2.3l even if its in a mustang, its soo damn slow :P

maybe you have other suggestion in the same type of car? precidia ? any other you can think of? im looking for a 2doors sport looking but in the 5000-6000$ cad range (3400$usd-4000$usd)

: >

: >

: : The MAIN weakness is that they are easy to break into... NEVER keep anything : of value in plain sight. : : Otherwise, they're fun cars. : : Here's a site that's not exactly what you are looking for but pretty helpful: : :

disarm

disarm opined

Dont give up on it.. do the parts look-up for starter, brake pads, rotors etc.

Also important is; do you do your own repairs.. or have a mechanic do them.

The MOST important thing is that the car FITS you.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

i do my own mechanic when its not engine related.

i do think the probe is the one i like the must, but being safe i was looking for alternative.

there's not so many probe gt out there, the one i could have brought was about

2600$ cad over the blue book prices so i didnt take it, but still looking for one.

what about the engine overall thoughness? with 160km on the motor is it worth the pennies?(5k cad) or should i look elsewhere?

: > maybe you have other suggestion in the same type of car? precidia ? any : > other you can think of? im looking for a 2doors sport looking but in the : > 5000-6000$ cad range (3400$usd-4000$usd) : >

: : Dont give up on it.. do the parts look-up for starter, brake pads, rotors : etc. : : Also important is; do you do your own repairs.. or have a mechanic do them. : : The MOST important thing is that the car FITS you.

Reply to
disarm

Hey there, I own a 94 Probe GT. I love it. Go check out

and read the forums. Almost anything you want to know is there, including your exact same question several times. I think it is a very high quality source of information regarding the Ford Probe/Mazda MX-6. Hope to see you on there soon.

--Robb

Reply to
Robb