problem with Ford Mondeo Speedometer

I'm having problems with my Ford Mondeo speedometer it is a Mondeo made in 1997 my speedometer sometimes fails and after the fuel warning light turns
on it works again and it also tells me how hard I am going in reverse and it is about 20 km/h wrong it is already on 20km/h when I start de car without moving.
can anyone tell me what is going on and what to do about it
With kind regards Dick Venema