Problems with 1998 Lincoln Continental

Hi, I got the auto recently and now when i drive it after about 10 minutes, when i stop at a stop light for example, the idle drops, and the car seems to hesitate repeatedly. While driving there is no
indication of hesitation and car runs fine besides that. I ran the system check and said its all ok.
Does anyone know whats going on?
Thanks in advance, Jerry