Problems with Steering Wheel on 1996 Ford F150

I hope Someone can help me. I have a 1996 Ford F150 and last night while driving I noticed that when I turn Left it Felt like someone Grabbed the wheel! It was a Lot harder to turn it to the left. Almost like I was turning in Mud or something. Very scary while driving! And Also my Steering wheel Wiggles up and down. Like it's lose. Anyone have any ideas? We did check the Steering fluid and it's Fine. Thanks for Any help and suggestions

Reply to
shellybelly

Is this a 4X4 and does it have tilt wheel??? Information is our friend....

Reply to
Jim Warman

Sorry. Yes it's a 4X4 and it Does have Tilt wheel. Our friend Thought that it might be the Pump but we checked it and it seems fine. We're taking it over to his house tomorrow to let him take a look at it. ThankGod he's a great mechanic.

Reply to
shellybelly

For the loose steering wheel, check the bearings in the tilt yoke. For the steering "grab" check for a tight front axle u-joint.

Reply to
Jim Warman