Programming a keyless remote

Hello, I recently bough a 2003 Ford Escape XLT 4X4 but it only came with 1 keyless remote. I got a unprogrammed one for free from the dealer, but don't know how to go about programming it. Does anyone know how to program these things? Thanks a lot!! ~Rich

Reply to
eklund

Look about page 67 of your owners manual.... fascinating little book....

We call it the worlds most expensive unread book....

Reply to
Jim Warman

I actually started reading the manual just after I posted it. I didn't think it would be in there. Very easy to program.

Jim Warman wrote:

Reply to
eklund

Try this, make sure the power locks are in the open position. Insert the key, turn if to the on position (not start,) then back to off several times. until the power lock activate. Then press any button on the remote to be programmed.

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter