Puddle Lamps '06 Explorer

The puddle lamps (bottom of the side view mirrors) do not activate when we press the unlock button on the key fob or at any other time. The lights at the front and read of the vehicle do activate. Is there
anything that we can do to correct this short of taking it back to the dealer? Otherwise the vehicle is perfect.
This should be covered under the warranty.... and this also may involve electronic modules. I do not understand the reluctance to take it to the dealer, especially since some DIY attempts at repair could cause damage and result in a denied warranty claim.... The fuse that powers the puddle lamps also feeds the battery saver relau so I am quite sure you would notice more than just a concern with these lamps if the fuse were open. The puddle lamp relay is an integral (non-removable, non-servicable) part of the SJB (Smart Junction Box).