pulled moter from88 crown vic put in 89 bronco

Im having timing problems There are two different firing orders. do I need to change the e.c.m Also how do I check to see if my catalytic converters arte clogged.
the truck starts fine then in seconds it starts loading up and emitts black smoke along with the miss from hell