Purchasing F150 Advice - Update

Several days ago I made a post about purchasing a 2001 Ford F150 V8 Trition XLT with 98,000 miles on it. The owners asking price is $11,900. Several
comments were that the price was too high for the vehicle with that many miles and one person said that half the life of the vehicle is gone.
I stopped by today and while no one was home, I checked the stickers on the windows and here is what the truck contains feature wise:
Ford F150 Triton V8 SuperCab 4D Short-Bed XLT Factory Bedliner Running Board Towing Package Two Tone Paint Captain's Chairs Sliding Rear Windows Skid Plates CD/AM/FM/Cassette
There was also a note that the owner has recently put new tires, new ball joints, new shocks, and wheel bearings on this vehicle. Body wise it is in execellent condition.
Based on this, and based on KBB.com their listed trade-in value for the same vehicle is $11,200. Should I am for something like $10,900? This still isn't a definate purchase unless the price was right, so I want to get as much information as possible before hand.
If you can get the truck for trade in value AND it is very good shape, AND you like it, AND you have someone you trust look it over and drive it.....I say go for it.

Trade-In value is $11,200 from kbb.com although the owner is posting an Edmunds.com printout on the windshield that shows $12,400 as the minimum Trade-In value. I really need to investigate that more when the owner is there. It is in very good shape, I candled the side of the car looking for dings, scratches, bumps, or anything. Appearantly this was a well maintained road vehicle, not an offroad farm type truck. The interior from what I saw had no stains, rips, or tears of any sorts. The next step is drive it and have a personal mechanic check it over.

On Sun, 22 May 2005 19:45:55 GMT, "B. Walker"

I know if I was selling it Trade in value is as low as I would go. Usually selling to a private party will bring more.

The local Chevy Dealers are advertising new full sized pickups for around $11,500. I don't imagine they are loaded, but still, they are brand new and most likely come standard with AT, PS, PB, AC.
Whoa... what dealership is that??

On Tue, 24 May 2005 17:08:01 GMT, "B. Walker"

Thoroughbred in Chandler. A friend of mine has been watching them and says he thinks he can get them to sell him one for $10K.