push button start

Page 2 of 2

Not really. If a car is going to have a built in factory anti-theft system that communicates with a key fob in your pocket then it's just more convenient to use a push button and not have to bother getting out the key. It also lets you lock and unlock the doors without having to take anything out of your pocket. Is it worth paying extra for? That's up to the buyer, it's their money, not yours.
FWIW, even before the adaptation of "push to start" technology, Ford had begun to stop using locking steering columns on some models... The PATS system works pretty good to prevent theft. If somebody really wants your wheels.... God made roll off tow trucks and wheel lift stingers just for them.

On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 08:00:54 GMT, "Jim Warman"

Did Ford start using smaller Keys on the PATS systems?? My 99 GT has a big fat PATS key. My 2007 Crown Vic has a plastic head key but it's not much larger then a regular key.
Ours isn't what you could call a "car selling dealership".... The cars that I do see have the 'new' IKE fob.... This is a key with the remote keyless entry integrated into the key itself... Technology is advancing with each new model change... I spend a lot of time trying to keep abreast of the latest developments in our product line... It can be tough.

I wouldn't pay for it, but the presence of push button start would not prevent me from buying a car.
Ed

Are you talking about remote start with the pushbutton on the key fob? It's kinda nice in cold weather when you can warm the vehicle up without going outside. Finish your breakfast inside then go out and drive away in a warm vehicle - nice!

no, the actual push button on the dash to start the car. i myself think the remote starter may be a luxury... but my wife likes it when taking the baby out in the -30 deg C mornings.