puttin'a F/INJ.302 in 66 mustang help!!!!

was on the fence here. need some advice before i purchase the motor and "brain". (eng.managment computer) Is the harness and the brain all i will need? out of a 95' says it's a "boss". does the comp.need a/trans input or vehicle speed info??? I don't want to get too carried away here. i like wiring but just don't want to marry this car. The accessories and belt i think i can arrange. just want it to run well. may put the last year AOD. that was not elec. w/ it. think that was 92.? ANY THOUGHTS? any advice? i have the seller holding on my call back. i am all new to this format and hope it pans out . f/y/i I have been a mercedes tech for 15 years and owned my own shop yadayda. no stranger to the automobile . thanks everyone for any help. in advance. ol' skool

Reply to
ashkron

If it was an specific automatic, that's what needs go in there.

Meaning the thing's called a Powertrain Control Module.

Probably run okay with a manual or non-elect trans but will set codes galore

You could try the Harness and ECM for a 90 or so, I think

Better ask on

rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

also

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Backyard Mechanic wrote in news:Xns9837C1686D531pettyfogery@207.115.17.102:

I think Painless wiring makes a specific harness for this application

WCV

Over 10,000 vintage car t-shirts

Reply to
West Coast Vintage