puttin'a F/INJ.302 in 66 mustang help!!!!

was on the fence here. need some advice before i purchase the motor and "brain". (eng.managment computer) Is the harness and the brain all i will need? out of a 95' says it's a
"boss". does the comp.need a/trans input or vehicle speed info??? I don't want to get too carried away here. i like wiring but just don't want to marry this car. The accessories and belt i think i can arrange. just want it to run well. may put the last year AOD. that was not elec. w/ it. think that was 92.? ANY THOUGHTS? any advice? i have the seller holding on my call back. i am all new to this format and hope it pans out . f/y/i I have been a mercedes tech for 15 years and owned my own shop yadayda. no stranger to the automobile . thanks everyone for any help. in advance. ol' skool
snipped-for-privacy@sccoast.net wrote:

If it was an specific automatic, that's what needs go in there.
Meaning the thing's called a Powertrain Control Module.
Probably run okay with a manual or non-elect trans but will set codes galore
You could try the Harness and ECM for a 90 or so, I think
Better ask on
rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
also
you pay..DEAL with it!

I think Painless wiring makes a specific harness for this application
WCV www.westcoastvintage.com Over 10,000 vintage car t-shirts