Q. Where to get new windshield for my '81 LTD ?

Hi,
Anyone know any good resource for winshield for my older LTD ('81) ?
Thanks, Jim

A glass shop?

shit-heads need not reply.

Then why did you?
Where would you expect to get a windshield? They should have windshields for cars going back at least into the 1960s or 1970s?
Jeff
That was sound advice, I just had a new windshield installed, at a local glass shop, in my 1971 LTD Brougham convertible. Busted it on a Sunday drive, called them on Monday, took it in on Tuesday morning, picked it three hours and $750 later. ;)
mike hunt
Jeff wrote:

you can kiss my ass too.
What the fuck do you mean why did you ?
You're one of the very shit-heads I mentioned.
I came here with a question, you asshole, not some smart-ass reply.
You and everyone in your line is a fuck head.

Jim Jones wrote:

That's exactly what I was going to reply to you...a glass shop. Have you tried one yet? If you have, with no success, why didn't you say so? Don't get on that poster's butt for pointing out the obvious...do your homework first.
Gerard
--
Gerard's Automobile Book, Video, and DVD Store
http://www.bob2000.com/booksvids.html

Some people find it necessary to demonstrate their basic ignorance every time they turn around. ;)
The other obvious reply would be "the wrecking yard?"
donutbandit wrote:

A good glass shop will have sources for both new and used glass...and they'll have the expertise to put the bugger in without breaking it...
Gerard
--
Gerard's Automobile Book, Video, and DVD Store
http://www.bob2000.com/booksvids.html
"Jim Jones" wrote

A glass shop? A wrecking yard?
Now, any idea where I can get some fish? And don't say a fish shop!
A pond, lake of ocean I would suspect. ;)
mike hunt
MasterBlaster wrote:

Jim Jones opined in

I'll ignore the fact you seem to be a shithead and want us to read your mind...such as it is...
and suggest a local "trader" paper.
They may have a section for those parting out their cars.
HOWEVER.. this would require you buy good tools for removing both windshields.
And I suggest a parts store for those

_____________________________________________________ I really tried to let this one get by,.... but it's alrady gone too far....LOL Sooooo.... The resource for glass is silica (finely ground) and heat but you'll need a mold of carbon and a rather large press. You'll work real hard and practice for a long time till you get it right. Might take years.... You did say resource... if you meant a source try here... it's easier.
http://www.ppgautoglass.com /