Question - 1999 Mercury Sable - Keyless Entry System

I just purchased a used Sable, with a keyless entry system (the small keypad on the driver's door). The paperwork that came with the car does not have the code to unlock the doors using that keypad. Looking through the manual, it says there is a label, with the code, affixed to the computer module. Great - I can't find the computer module.

So, the question: Does anyone know where the computer module is located in a 1999 Mercury Sable? (I would guess it's in the exact same place in a 1999 Ford Taurus). Alternatively, does anyone know any other way to find out what the code is?

If possible, please send replies to snipped-for-privacy@mchsi.com. I appreciate your help and thank you in advance.

Thanks,

Ed

Reply to
Eduardo Malamut

On a friend's '99 Taurus (same car as Sable), it was under the dash, right next to the brake. It was partially covered by black electrical tape, so we could only get about 3 or 4 digits. With a little guessing, we figured out the full code.

Reply to
Andrew Rossmann