Question - 93 escort Clutch - Noise when actuating clutch

I am hoping someone can help with this.
We have a 93 escort, when the clutch is actuated, there is a switch (at the top of the travel, not the bottom safety start switch) with an
actuator that is fitting thru a hole on the Clutch Pedal Arm. When it is coming back to depressed poistion and or when just starting to push in the clutch, it is making a clicking sound because the Cyclinderical actuator is not mating properly thru the hole on the ARM. This doesn't look adjustable and the switch looks ok. I did find a small round Blue rubber Grommet (no hole in it) on the floor, is this gromet possible meant to be the stopper for the switch and the switch actuator is not supposed to go thru the hole on the ARM? Also, what is this switch for?
Thanks for any suggestions.. Stan
OK... I found another part on the floor, a Stem that evidently attaches to the grommett.. So, it is a Rubber stop with a stem that fits thru the hole in the Clutch Arm.. And I see another one on the Brake lever...
I'll go to the Local ford place, can't be much more than a buck or 2 for the part... Still don't know what the switch is for, The car does not have cruise control...
Thanks, Stan
Stan wrote:

Our 88 Bronco II had a cruise control.

a manual transmission? Was it just a matter of a flashing light to tell you to downshift or just raw acceleration in whatever gear you happened to be in to regain cruising speed.
Happy modeming, Bill
berkshire bill opined in

Cruise control is CRUISE control... No it doesnt downshift on a manual trans... it assumes the driver is smart enough to handle the job
I've got an 88 Mustang 2.3LX that came with cruise. And it works just fine where it's meant to be used.. on the freeway.
Engine control only. No down shift. There is a switch on the clutch that tells the C/C module to disengage if the clutch is applied. So you do not down shift as well. It's mainly for relatively flat level road speed control.

That makes sense.. I figured there had to be some human intervention. It seems the last four or five Fords I bought came equipped with cruise control and automatic transmissions. I average three hours a day on Interstates and Turnpikes and generally I don't use cruise control... there are just too many hills to confuse the system (even at 75mph). When using cruise control I usually find myself adding a little more pedal to get up the hills without the car downshifting, and swear I get better gas mileage just driving the way I drive. (radar detection is a necessity).
Happy modeming, Bill
Yea, they are out there.