QUESTION ABOUT A RECALL

I have a 88 t-bird with a 5.0, there is a reacall, its called Throttle Lever Grommet, what part would this be, and would it have somthing to do with why my transmission isnt shifting properly?

"A Frazier" wrote

Ancient recall. Probably not honored any more. Besides, the part is cheap.

Only if it disintegrated and let the TV cable fall out of the throttle lever. Then your gas pedal would be REALLY easy to push, it would never shift out of first gear, and the transmission would burn up within a few miles.
After 16 years of underhood heat, plastic parts (actually nylon, I think) do tend to fall apart.
Here's where it's supposed to be (under the throttle body, passenger side):
http://www3.telus.net/neatcrap/pics1/tvlinkage-grommet_on.jpg
Here's what happens when it fails:
http://www3.telus.net/neatcrap/pics1/tvlinkage-grommet_missing.jpg
Here's what the stock part looks like E0AZ-7F330-A:
http://www3.telus.net/neatcrap/pics1/cable_grommet_plastic.gif
Here's a brass replacement version F3SZ-7H303-B:
http://www3.telus.net/neatcrap/pics1/f3sz-7h303-b_grommet.jpg
Here's how it attaches (different car, same idea):
http://www3.telus.net/neatcrap/pics1/f3sz-7h303-b_grommet_on.jpg