Question about Ford Focus aftermarket radio...

As part of my stormchasing, I needed to replace the Blaupunkt in my

2003 US Ford Focus. I installed an old Radio Shack AM/FM/CD/ Weatherband; the deck had previously been in a 88 Ranger without any problems.

Got the proper wiring adapter, but the best match of wires would either a) cause my presets and clock to go away after each time I turned the car off, or alternately b) burn out the backlight on the display, which it did in short order. Still this wasn't a problem until I forgot to take the detachable faceplate off when I went out of town and the battery ran down.

The old deck shows signs of old age and I am looking to get a new deck, and am wondering if there is any way to make sure this doesn't happen again, or are newer decks engineered so this isn't a problem?

Reply to
Damon Hynes

You could ask your question on rec.audio.car. You could also look at

they have lots of info regarding auto wiring and what fits your vehicle.

Reply to
I. Care

Put the original AM/FM/CD back in the car & get a decent scanner if you're really serious about "stormchasing". The built-in weatherband is a compromise... even a GMRS/FRS w/ weather & weather alert would be a better option.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1