question about Ford Taurus backseat

Hi, we will be going on vacation with three children, a teenage boy and two girls still in car seats. The car seats, normally, are a bit wider than a "third" of the backseat. That would leave very little room in
the middle for the teenage boy. We have the option to rent either a Ford Taurus or a (bigger, more expensive) Grand Marquis. The Grand Marquis I know, it would be wide enough. But would the Ford Taurus maybe be allright, too? The next smaller size is a Toyota Corolla, which we've tried, and it's to small. So, if there's anybody out there who knows the backseat of the Taurus and can imagine two carseats and a pretty much adult-sized boy in the back -- please let me know if that's okay or not. (We are talking about four days of driving three hours each.) Thanks, Ulrich

I have two child seats in the back of my Taurus on a regular basis. You wouldn't want to ride in what's left of the middle seat for more than a few minutes and certainly not an entire road trip. We once gave a lift to a rather petite teenage girl and even she was not very comfortable. I don't know how the GM compares, but the Taurus is definitely out unless you want the boy riding in the front with you.
Matthew
it would suuuuck to be a teenage in the middle of 2 car seat in a taurus, even my old school gen 1. get the gran marquis and let the teen get a window

Thank you all - that's quite a clear votum! :-)
So, yes, we'll take the Grand Marquis!
Thanks, Ulrich
The back seat of a Taurus is wider than the back seat in a CV and both are much wider than a Corolla
mike

Belay that, I was thinking of the 500 ;)
mike