Question about new look model lx

Hello I have a question about a uk ford mondeo lx (53) plate that I have just bought from ford direct.
Does anyone know if the cruse control buttons are meant to illuminate
when the headlights are turned on as mine do not and this makes it very difficult to use the cruse control in the dark.
Any advice would be great.
Kevin.
Kevin Thomson opined in

Ummm.. I dunno because I dont have that new a car, but for all the wheel mounted buttons ive had over 15 years, it's off | on then resume | set | coast
if they're verticle, then on and resume are on top not reallly much to memorize