Question about painting of brake assembly

Greetings,
I am working on the brake system to a 1954 Ford F-100 and am sandblasting the last 50 years of rust and gunk away. I have the whole brake plate and
assembly off the suspension and laying on my work bench. Anyway, the question is, once cleaned, is there a good all-purpose, one coat paint I can use? Or, do I need to prime it and then paint?

would be ideal)
Tremclad should work fine... you might also consider a 2 part epoxy paint. Before finishing the plates, check the area where the edge of the shoes sit (usually 3 small pads for each shoe). I have had good luck migging any grooves and grinding them flush.

Thanks for the info. I ended up going with POR 15 from the paint jobber shop. I have never heard of Tremclad, will have to look for it next time.
A powder coat system would be sweet, but not for me in a small garage on a hobby basis.