Question on OEM wires for 4.6

OK, I'm convinced. Getting ready to *finally* replace OEM *manifold* and figure its a good time to do the wires. Any suggestions on how to save a few bucks. Any online sources? While we're at it :) how about online sources for replacement radiators?

This is a 97 with 155 K, any input about injectors would be appreciated. Can they be cleaned? How long are they supposed to perform well?

TIA, Frank

Reply to
F.H.

i bought motorcraft wires from rockauto.com, about half the price the dealer wanted

Reply to
petebert

i bought AC DELCO premium silicone from rockauto.com, as i remember about 60 bucks

installing them took me a few hours!! actually the last two wires turned out to be a bit to long but its not visible at the right side (driver).

Reply to
tomasz.kk

Look at the Bosch wires, you can find them all over the place.

If you want to clean the >OK, I'm convinced. Getting ready to *finally* replace OEM *manifold*

Reply to
Andy

I've heard a lot about the importance of OEM wires. What is the latest on that? Are Bosch as good or better?

Reply to
F.H.

i had a bad experience with Bosch spark plugs, while japanese NGK seems to last forever. so i wouln't trust their wires too.

Reply to
tomasz.kk

I have not have any good long term luck on Bosch wires or plugs. I know my experience is not scientific but, I have had to replace each and every Bosch plug and wire within 6 mo of installation. With Ford's, the only satisfaction I have had has been either Motorcraft or Autolite both of which have roots in Ford. Motorcraft is a Ford brand and is available in the aftermarket for much less than you will pay at the dealer.

Lugnut

Reply to
lugnut

I wouldnt buy anything OTHER than Bosch EGO sensors, as they invented them.

But I'm not so sure about their aftermarket plug wires. Installed a set on my Taurus and it still has SOME of the low/no load miss at low speed and cruise that I had before I changed them.

And who made the CoilOnPlug assemblies that VW had to replace en Masse? It wasnt Bosch, it was Bremi... but Bosch, like many others, buys from other mfrs with their brand stamped on.

I'd think that Motorcraft brand had highest likelihood of being like OE.

And the Motorcraft OE wires I've had on mid-nineties cars have been great.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Never had any issue with Bosch stuff.

Reply to