Questions about so called "Motor Trend Car of Year"

Does the magazine receive money for it. How can you determine a car of the year. Chevy and Howie long (big LOL) comparing. Why can't they just talk
about the car without bringing up Toyota, Honda, etc.. I think a big problem with a big three is they always compare. Put a new spin on it. Use the time on a commercial to show interior pics, engine. Chevy sucks- do they still uase Dex-Cool?? I got screwed for $2000 with coolant problems on a Grand Prix. Look at these poor people talking about Dex-Cool. Money doesn't grow on trees for me..........I think Chevys piss out in 3 years while Ford has their issues after the factory or 100k miles. I know I just love my Sho. I drove a Chvy. It was nice. Everything is plastic still though. http://www.consumeraffairs.com/automotive/gm_dexcool.html
They pick the "Car of The Year," by testing all of the TOTALLY new models released during the model year.
Build quality of prior year models, problems, large numbers of recalls etc. have nothing to do with their "Car of The Year" choice.
If they did things like engine sludge, rusted frames, uncontrolled acceleration, axles that brake and leaking gas lines etc. would reflect badly on that manufacturer. ;)

Mike Hunter wrote:

What a thing for a GM shill to say Mike, shame.
--
Civis Romanus Sum

Why do you think that, are you afraid of the truth? ;)

What exactly are you complaining about, besides some old chev that probably suffered from lack of maintenance when you bought it?
If Chevrolets really only lasted three years they would have gone out of business long ago.
No, because people have to fix things like head caskets, engines and have no choice. Stuff was supposed to be 100k maintenance free. People who don't drive much and out of warranty are screwed. Gm says it is not my fault. Maybe if you suffered the amount you wuld feel different? http://www.consumeraffairs.com/automotive/gm_dexcool.html

Stuff was supposed to be 100k maintenance free? On WHAT planet do you live?

Hmm. I change mine every 20-25k miles. No shit-100k miles is absurd. False advertising but some people believe that like old woman with Buicks. And if they believe it and their coolant system has problems they should honor their warranty, right mikehuntchevylover?

What color is the sky in your world?

On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 19:18:53 -0600, "iluv my kitties and family"
Someone in the mag industry posted an explanation of how the scam works several years ago. Basically the magazines tell the manufacturers which cars are "in the running" AND at the same time tell them that they need to get a contract signed for "next years" advertising. Basically the mags put a gun to the head of the automakers ad agency to extort ad revenue from them. I suspect that's why the "car/truck of the year" is always one of the hot new models, they know the car makers will need to advertise the new models heavily and this adds to the pressure to buy ads.
How can you determine a car of the