questions on an 82 302 engine

I need to know what the correct spark plug gap and ignition timing are for a 1982 302 engine double barrell automatic tranny. I also need to know if gas comming out of the top of the carborator would be a vacuum problem.

If gas is flowing out the vent stacks in the top of the carb, it's probably either a stuck float valve or a saturated float that's not floating any more.
SC Tom
sugarmomma wrote:

Gap .040
Timing - try 14 deg BTDC initial.
All this wil not help you until you change your timing chain. It's jumped a few teeth.
Rob
0.045" for the plugs... ignition timing about 8 to 10 degrees with the vacuum advance disconnected... there's either something caugh in the needle and seat or the float is sunk.... probably time for a carb overhaul on something this old anyway...