rad problems

Hello all

i have a 1993 Ford tarus gl with a 3.0 v6, we have been having ongoing problem with high temp and a leaking rad, well my wife called today form work and said that when she got to work the car was steaming and the minute she shut the engine rad fluid just gushed from the bottom right of the rad (battery side bottom corner, iguess if you were looking at the egnien form the drivers seat it would be the bottom left), is it possible ths is jsut a hose, or is the rad shot?

Reply to
jeremy middleton

The answer's the same as the last time.. even though the thread went astray.

We arent psychics and you arent going to find any comforting easy answers here, either.

You could have your system pressure checked and see where the problem is... or you could buy a new radiator and hose.

There's a good possibility it's the tank on end of rad being damaged and it doesnt happen while engine is on because the rad is partially plugged, more so because you used that "bar's leak"! And the pressure isnt there till you shut it off.

Interesting that you have the time to come on here with the general description but dont have time to actually LOOK closer during the event!

And no, it isnt worth fixing.

jeremy middleton opined in news:01C1d.3622$ snipped-for-privacy@news20.bellglobal.com:

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Backyard Mechanic opined

The radiator, I mean

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

If you were smart, you would replace the radiator, both hoses, water pump and thermostat. Your radiator is probably leaking at the crimped seam.

Its also possible you have a fan that's not turning on, or a bad head gasket.

Bob

Bob

Reply to
Bob Urz

Reply to
Kevin Torkelson

Kevin Torkelson opined in news:6di3d.21313$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr27.news.prodigy.com:

We'll never know.

I would guess... from reading between lines, complainer wears a neck brace or one of those cone collars that prevent him from opening the hood and looking down

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

gotta get under there and check it out.. the only way to tell what the problem is....

jeremy middlet> Hello all

Reply to
abc