Radiator Leak

'96 Explorer, V-6, auto. trans. I noticed a slight leak where the upper transmission cooler line comes thru the plastic radiator. It appears around a large washer and large nut that
seem to hold the unit into the radiator. Before I dump a can of stop leak into my new antifreeze, can this be remedied by loosening the large nut and washer, cleaning the area and applying some silicone sealant before retightening the fasteners ? TIA

Not unusual

NEVER EVER!!!!!!!

Worked for me.
you pay..DEAL with it!
I'm here for information...krusty or otherwise. I stopped by a radiator shop today that wants $350 to replace the radiator because it is 10 years old and they say removing and repairing the old one wouldn't be worthwhile. If my silicone repair idea worked for you I'm game. Thanks.