Radiochange Mustang -> Lincoln

Hi ! I like to change my old Radio (Tape only) in my 1996 Lincoln Town Car. So i bought a Radio with CD at Ebay. That CD was in an 2002 Ford Mustang. Problem is I thought that the connectors the same...
I found out the Lincoln wireing so that I need the Mustang wireing to change correctly.
There are 2 connectors at the back side of the Mustang CD:
1st:
two rows of pins 1 to 8 9 to 16
following Cablecolors:
1 - blue/red 2 - black 3 - red blue 4 - nc 5 - orange 6 - brown/pink 7 - white/green 8 - green/brown
9 - vio/blue 10- black/pink 11- black/green 12- grey/blue 13- light brown/yellow 14- orange/green 15- blue/white 16- black/green
Did anybody know that ?
2nd: three rows of pins
1-7 8-13 14-20
What is that for ? Do I need that one ?
I would be glad if someone can help me
Greedings K.Sander -- for Email remove the -nospam- in the adress
Karsten Sander opined in

So this Ebay Cd came with wires attached?
Interesting

Hi Backyard Mechanic !
Yes there are some wires but they are cut (lengh aboout 5")
I get some paperwork with the Radio - maybe this Info is helpful, too. Backside say : 1L2F-18C868-BB Out of this Car : 1FAFP404X1F114415
I dont think (hope) its stolen.
BTW : is it possible to get an Adapter for that ?
Greedings K.Sander
Karsten Sander opined in

Interesting they supplied the vin.. so you are probably okay there.
I think you should google both cars..
here's some results: http://www.installer.com/cars/ford.html
http://www.tune-town.com/technical.asp Note wiring diagrams for 10 bucks!

Hi again !
Thanx for that help ! Exactly what I searched for :o) Sometimes you only need the right words for the google or the right man who nows the words !
Thanx again - and I hope they send overseas
K.Sander
Karsten Sander opined

No problem...I'm not the World's Foremost Authority for nothing, ya know!
;)

I know ;))
I read this NG nearly every Day. Some people here you can trust. For ex. the Backyard and the Doc :)
Have a nice one
K.Sander