I am seriously looking into getting a 2008 Mustang GT convertible, and
wanted to know what to expect with respect to ragtop durability,
longevity, issues, etc. I have never owned a convertible before, and
have some concerns. Can some kind person please respond?
1. What's the life span of the ragtop? Assume the car spends half its
life in an uncovered parking lot, getting beat up by the sun.
2. What about leaks, creaks, wind noise, etc? Does it leak in the
rain? Does the fit remain tight over the years?
3. I have noticed other ragtops, not necessarily Mustangs, where the
leading edge of the ragtop seems smushed up and back a bit, as if it
has been slightly deformed over time. Is this something to expect?
4. Longevity of the mechanical components? What kind of issues can I
expect from the top if I hold onto the car for 8 years?
5. Anything else I should know or consider?