Ranger 04 & airbag deployment

My airbags deployed with hardly a touch-can anyone help? tia

"Mary snipped-for-privacy@aol.com" wrote:

Try a dealer. Still under warrantee, right?
"Hardly a touch??" is hard to judge by. IIRC, the system will deploy when the combined speed of impact is about 5 mph. The nature of the system will have a direct frontal impact deploy the system with lees force applied than an off centre impact (the system "knows" when deployment is beneficial and when it isn't). It sounds like it saved you from any injury (other than "airbag rash") and, thusly, has done it's job.
I would suggest contacting your insurance provider - along with the pretensioners and airbags, I refuse to re-use a Restraints Control Module that has performed it's required task..... the possibilty for future litigation is much too real for scrimping a few bucks.
HTH