Ranger 3.0L 5speed fuel mileage

Page 2 of 2

Hi, Same pickup as you. I was not happy when I found I got about 15 mpg around town in the summer in Vegas. So if you got 15 in this frigid weather that isn't bad. I drove mine 240 miles to pickup a bike before this freeze hit and got 23-24 mpg out of it on the highway, which is more than I expected, so I am much happier with the pickup now.
What is up with the transmissions in these? When I saw on the window sticker it was made in FRANCE I wondered if it came from the factory that made those horrible CITROENS or those horrible RENAULTS I used to see as a kid.

Wow. and I get ~20mpg in my '89 2.9l 4x4 5spd with 225K miles.