Ranger a/c

I have a '95 ranger 4.0litre. The a/c compressor is replaced. I have installed 134a oil and 26oz. of 134a refrigerant. The compressor will kick in intermitantly. I have put 12 volts directly from the battery to the clutch and it engages and runs the compressor and blows very cold air, but will not run on it's own. Any ideas???

Reply to
pzcobra

"pzcobra" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

Find a gauge, see if the pressure on low side stays above 32 or so lbs, if it does then either your pressure cutout switch on the accum is bad or (esp if you have idle problems, too) you have a bad tps, which may trick the pcm into thinking you're at WOT.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

lmfao dont listen to this crap simply jump the hi pressure switc see if it works it usually focks up hack is a foctard would never make it flat rate h u r c a s t

Reply to
slimestickland34