Ranger a/c

I have a '95 ranger 4.0litre. The a/c compressor is replaced. I have installed 134a oil and 26oz. of 134a refrigerant. The compressor will kick in intermitantly. I have put 12 volts directly from the battery to the
clutch and it engages and runs the compressor and blows very cold air, but will not run on it's own. Any ideas???

Find a gauge, see if the pressure on low side stays above 32 or so lbs, if it does then either your pressure cutout switch on the accum is bad or (esp if you have idle problems, too) you have a bad tps, which may trick the pcm into thinking you're at WOT.
On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 03:25:35 GMT, Backyard Mechanic

lmfao dont listen to this crap simply jump the hi pressure switc see if it works it usually focks up hack is a foctard would never make it flat rate h u r c a s t
and listening to the rectal orifice that calls itself hurc ast will likely get you killed. if you bypass the high pressure switch, the system will not shut off, causing dangerously high pressure. the proper switch to jump out is the low pressure switch. if you jump the low side switch and the clutch engages, you either have a low refrigerant level or the lps is bad. a 134A low pressure gauge is only around $5.

if
(esp
pcm